If you have been here before, you know how passionate I am about disconnecting from the virtual world to appreciate what is right in front of you. It is so easy to unconsciously check your phone, research something compulsively or check out just one more Instagram or Facebook post before you go to bed. I have often been guilty of pulling out my phone and opening Instagram without even realizing what I’m doing.
It is too easy to miss the soft whisper of your desires when you are constantly part of a conversation, which is why I am so excited to be collaborating with my dear friend Morgan Day Cecil for the #justbeherewithme project.
As soon as I received her message in my inbox, I knew I had to be a part of her amazing movement.
“My goal for the #justbeherewithme project is just to hold space for others, and give them the permission they may feel like they need to take whatever time they need to pull back a little bit and be available to the quieter whispers in their life.
There is so much beauty in our social media connectivity. There is also so much noise. And the noise makes it hard to hear the whispers in our own heart, and/or the desires and hopes of the people in our life that matter the most to us. I believe that all of us have something or someone calling out to them, "Just be here with me.”
For the month of August she is asking you to listen to the soft whispers in your life asking for your attention by giving up social media for a week, a day or the whole month so you can come back a more connected, creative and whole human being.
Disconnected weekends have been such a blessing for our family, so for the month of August we are committing to disconnect every evening after 6pm as well as every weekend. I would love for you to join us.
Head over to www.breathewithlove.com to sign the petition and learn more about this inspired movement to give yourself and those you love permission to step away from social media to refocus on the people and things that bring you joy and love.
How to participate:
1. Set your intention. Get quiet and ask your heart, is there Someone or Something in my life that is whispering to me, Just be here with me? If the answer is yes, move on to step 2.
2. Commit to a time-frame. Whether you choose to go social-media free for 1 day or 1 month, it doesn't matter. There is something valuable to simply setting aside space and time to honor the Just be here with me whisper.
3. Invite your friends to join you. One of the biggest hurdles to going social-media free is the fear we are going to miss or miss-out on something. Doing this together with friends, family and community is helpful and motivating. Choosing to disconnect for awhile from life online can feel a little weird. Knowing you aren't alone can make it a lot easier. Before your "social-media-free" start-date, share this project with your friends. You can use one of the pics at www.breathewithlove.com, or your own. Use the hashtag #justbeherewithme and tag @morgandaycecil so your friends can learn more.
4. Post the badge. This is your badge that says "I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, I've just taken myself off the hook from having to keep up in the stream of social media. Just for awhile. I'll be back, but not before I honor the whisper to invest a little presence and energy and love into some other things tugging at my heart." It's short code for giving yourself and others permission to unplug.
5. Optional: Enter the giveaway at www.breathewithlove.com for a chance to win a Mama Mala of your choice, as well as amazing prizes from The Maidservent of Encouragement Shop, The Love More Shop, Hello Happiness Card Company, Imaginary Authors, Morgan Day Cecil, Kristen Kalp and the Brandcamp Blog, and Rosie Acosta.
Using Mindful Accessories to be more present, patient and intentional with the ones you love.